• Overcoming my problem.

From Ronald Reid@VERT to Access Denied on Mon May 7 09:56:49 2012
    Re: Overcoming my problem.
    By: Access Denied to Mikesla on Tue Nov 15 2011 07:36 pm

Re: Overcoming my problem.
    By: Mikesla to Access Denied on Tue Nov 15 2011 07:24 am

Well I looked over allot of what you have suggested, and I finally decid on Debian. That is one HUGH download of 8 DVD's, and 2 Updates. It will b worth it in the end since getting Highspeed at the moment isn't in the ca

Debian is a very good, stable distrobution of Linux. A very good choice, I'd have to say. And definitely a learning experience, because if you wish, you start with a base system and build it from the ground up. Just be sure to re documentation, as it will help you greatly. Googling things like "howto KDE Debian" and similar will give you a lot of results, and help you greatly.

Debian comes with Gnome standard if you do a GUI install off the installatio If you're interested in something else like KDE, LXDE, XFCE, etc, you'll hav to follow documentation on how to install a different desktop environment.

I just want to thank you for your help, and all the help others have giv me. I just have to wait now for the software.

Of course, and good luck!

--
    axisd - telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org
    http://pharcyde.org

www.distrowatch.com has all the distros listed by popularity (linux)

---
    Synchronet The Wastelands BBS - wastelands-bbs.net - Keeping The Tradition Alive