• Re: Nascar Sprint Cup

From cogniben77@VERT to Pbmountaincat on Fri Jun 11 16:29:41 2010
    cogniben77 wrote to Pbmountaincat <=-

Yeah it turns out that they had to red flag it twice or three times. One of the drivers, name i forgot had a tire going down due to the track deteriating. Until finally a hole appeared and that was when they repaired it. I wonder if there was a bit of controversy since some of the drivers stated that they rather not have the Daytona track repaved, just to leave it as is. Do you think they are

Hello,

Yeah, I could see a chunk of asphalt chucked up and coming through a
    window, radiator or something... few years back at one of the east coast tracks, concrete came up..

They better pave it, sealing it, giving water another place to target..
    just grind it up and repave it, get ride of the bumps.. probably after the July's race if they are going to.

Well whenever they do repave the track, and not only Daytona but other tracks too. At least the tracks that are showing major signs of wear
    and tear. You are probably right though, after the july event at Daytona they will consider taking the time to repave it.

chris

---
    Synchronet Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - www.roughneckbbs.com
  • From cogniben77@VERT to Pbmountaincat on Sat Dec 4 10:47:21 2010
    cogniben77 wrote to Pbmountaincat <=-

Yeah it turns out that they had to red flag it twice or three times. One of the drivers, name i forgot had a tire going down due to the track deteriating. Until finally a hole appeared and that was when they repaired it. I wonder if there was a bit of controversy since some of the drivers stated that they rather not have the Daytona track repaved, just to leave it as is. Do you think they are

Hello,

Yeah, I could see a chunk of asphalt chucked up and coming through a
    window, radiator or something... few years back at one of the east coast tracks, concrete came up..

They better pave it, sealing it, giving water another place to target..
    just grind it up and repave it, get ride of the bumps.. probably after the July's race if they are going to.

ttyl,
    Pbmountaincat

Upon the date of this message that i haven't learned or heard anything to have more information available upon if they did re pave the track all ready or have plans to repave it. I got to wait to next season which is kind of rushing upon us to see if anything changed since then.

chris

---
    Synchronet Roughneck BBS - telnet://roughneckbbs.com - www.roughneckbbs.com